Our PCB 4U-inserter!
Printed circuit boards (PCBs) are carriers of electronic components. Today they are used in almost all industries where electronic devices are used. Just like the area of application of the printed circuit boards, their available sizes and complexity are also quite diversified.
Depending on the purpose and area of application, sometimes small, sometimes large boards are used. Normally, various components are first mounted on it. Subsequently, pins (contacts) must be fitted either on one side or on both sides of the panel.
Current development trends show that more and more different pin types are installed on a printed circuit board. The manufacturers then often must use several assembly machines for one circuit board. With our PCB 4U single pin insertion machine, we offer PCB manufacturers a smart solution for assembling PCBs with up to four different contact types in one machine.
The new single pin insertion machine with flexibly controllable tooling is equipped with an insertion head (pin insertion unit) that can process up to four pin types independently of one another and without setup. This makes pin insertion even more flexible and independent of the intensity of the built-in components on the panel. A stiffness-optimized cross slide enables dynamic positioning even of large boards (406 mm x 406 mm) with the best press-fit quality.
The monitoring of the insertion force ensures optimal process control. The walkable machine room enables optimal accessibility for setup work. Condition monitoring of the machine processes is optionally available. The smart processes complete the new concept:
- Contactless measurement of the panel thickness for automatic insertion depth adjustment
- 360 ° stepless turnable clamping device
- Tool-free quick-change system of the backplate thanks to optimized clamping device
- Individually programmable insertion depth adjustment per stroke
As a strong partner in the field of automation, we are considering the long-term business strategies of our customers already in the design stage. Therefore, we develop our automation systems in modular design.
This makes our machines scalable and enables future expansion of production by linking them with other machines. The success of our customers is our top priority!
- Design: 4 insertion pusher
- Insertion rate: max. 350 insertions / min
- Positioning accuracy: +/- 0,02 mm
- Insertion angle: 360°
- Panel size: max. 406 x 406 mm (16 x 16“)
- Changeover time: 1 - max. 10 min.
- Punching force: max. 6 kN
- Insertion force: max. 600 N SMEMA-interface
- Insertion technology: all common press-fit pins, solder pins, belted pins, spring pins, fork pins, fuse pins